*/

Friday, April 4, 2008

I need a favor

I know this is not what you are expecting to find here but I need something more than i can possibly explain and it's simple.

My father was in a head on car collision Sunday night and is in intensive care as we speak. It's extremely touch and go and minute by minute. You may not hear from me for a bit, and haven't heard from me since Monday for that reason.

To put it quite simply, he is the finest person I have ever met and the world will be a worse place with him gone. My dad has been through a ton in his life, and yet, he has risen above everything that has been thrown his way with a love for life that i cannot explain. While this blog would not be able to hold the list of accomplishments that he can claim (all of which he would downplay), he has spent his life giving to others in the field of medicine and in fact was one of the creators of P.A.L.S. (Pediatric Life Support) which is basically CPR for kids. To say that there are tens of thousands of children in the world today who have survived because of him would, in my opinion, be a huge understatement.

So here's what i need and all I ask. If every one who reads this would just take a brief moment and throw your thoughts his way, light a candle, say a prayer, whatever works for you, I truly believe it will make a difference. His name is Leon and right now he can use all the help he can get. Please do what you can and then pass this on to everyone you know. 


He's my father, he's my friend, and he's my hero and we need this right now.

Thanks for reading and I'm sorry if this wasn't what you expected.

Dave

No comments: